In honour of Valentine’s Day, I’m compiling a list of some of my most loved fictional couples (in no particular order). From books, to television and movies, these couples are so perfect it makes your heart hurt!
1) Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson & The Olympians): Who didn’t fall in love with this couple? Though their love story wasn’t the main focus of the books, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about them falling in love throughout the series. Seaweed brain and wise girl forever!
2) Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger (Harry Potter): They may not have been Rowling’s originally intended pair, but you can’t deny that these two completed each other.
3) Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games): A lot of people ship Gale and Katniss, but to me, Katniss and Peeta were perfect. They went through so much together and literally kept each other alive through it all. If that doesn’t say love…
4) Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments): I loved Magnus’s playful flirting throughout and was very happy that they ended up together..kind of (though I never finished reading the series, I loved hearing about it from my sister and was always rooting for these two).
1) Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop (Fringe): I was rooting for this couple from their very first interaction! Olivia and Peter were literally made for each other. I love their dynamic and was so happy to see them together in the end.
2) Ragnar Lothbrok and Lagertha (Vikings): I was incredibly displeased when Ragnar cheated on Lagertha with that cow Aslaug (sorry to any Aslaug fans), but these two are meant to be! I still hold on to hope that they are end game for this series!
4) Amy Pond and Rory Williams (Doctor Who): Not only are these two my favourite companions, they are my favourite couple from the series. The Doctor and Rose? No thanks. I’ll take Amy and Rory any day! I mean, technically Rory guarded Amy for about 2,000 years!
5) Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt (Parks and Recreation): Ben and Leslie worked perfectly together. They just understood each other so well in both work life and their personal life. They stood by each other no matter what and just seem so incredibly in love.
1) Mr and Mrs Smith (Mr and Mrs Smith): Who doesn’t love a couple that loves fighting together? Or were they fighting each other? Regardless of who these super spies were fighting, this couple were so in love! Not to mention, seeing one of my real life OTPs, Brad and Angelina, together on screen was wonderful!
3) Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker (The Amazing Spider-Man): Move over Mary Jane! I’ll always love Gwen and Peter best! This couple truly just got each other. From their awkward flirting, to the way Gwen stands by Peter through everything, I really wanted this couple to be together forever—though we all knew it wouldn’t last.
4) Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan (Pirates of the Caribbean): Who doesn’t love a lady who can hold her own against her man? This couple is one of my faves because they work together through all their adventures. Not to mention how much Elizabeth and Will grow as characters throughout the films.
Who are some of your favourite fictional couples? Let me know in the comments and Happy Valentine’s Day!!!